Position is located in Pasco, WA.
The Account Business Development Manager is responsible for developing the sales, business plan and customer management functions for all sales of conventional and organic onions.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Driver’s License required
- Specific experience with onion sales is preferred; general produce sales experience will be considered
- 5+ years of experience in growing sales for premium agricultural products with a strong understanding of sales strategy
- Prior experience with iTrade and Foodlink preferred
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint and Word
Eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
- Lead all onion sales strategy for RPE, Inc. in the Pacific Northwest Region
- Drive profitable growth by maximizing price and volume.
- Manage daily/weekly supply and demand to clear projected harvest while optimizing profitability
- Report on weekly sales updates and monthly sales plans, ensuring orders are obtained and processed
- Accurately forecast monthly and quarterly sales activity and trends
- Execute short and long-term sales goals along with sales strategies by aligning with overall company goals
- Maintain strong selling margins
- Partner with company management to develop and implement strategies for securing new accounts and achieving sales goals
- Track and compile data related to customer and prospective interactions
- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity and provide feedback
- Provide complete and detailed order information to ensure timely, accurate deliveries of orders
- Visit companies that buy our products and educate them on onion quality, our quality assurance procedures, expectations and data reporting
- Develop strong rapport with area agricultural community by regularly participating in and leading community development activities
- Support resolution of any customer service issues, including following up on collections of accounts as needed
- Coordinate with internal marketing manager and leverage all marketing initiatives, participate in trade shows and other marketing opportunities
- Assist in our marketing and branding strategy to align with potential markets
- Develop a strong understanding of the local and regional onion market and market potential while identifying and pursuing new markets
- Monitor competition to enhance sales effort focus by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, delivery schedules, shipping fees, merchandising, sales volume, etc.
- Maintain professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies, etc.
- Identify and monitor competitors, market conditions and product development opportunities.
- Create, revise, and communicate trending forecasts.
- Develop sales, cost budgets, and targets in alignment with the sales strategy.
- Travel as necessary locally to serve the account and nationally as needed
- Perform after-hours service on account[s] as required (including weekends/nights)
- Prove commitment to overall team and company success with a willingness to assist with duties outside of scope as needed
Skills / Competencies
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing a sales strategy as well as getting results through new customer acquisition
- Skilled negotiator, problem solver and closer with the ability to anticipate needs and develop long-term business relationships
- Entrepreneurial, highly ethical work style that is comfortable with a high level of transparency and change
- Established track record of consistently meeting or exceeding defined sales goals
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Written Expression: The ability to communicate information and ideas in writings so others will understand
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior
- Managing: ability to train and mentor others fostering teamwork and collaboration
- Analysis: ability to analyze complex marketing and price factors
- Ability to work independently on projects and contribute as an active member of a team
- Ability to establish/maintain productive working relationships with staff, management and other departments to effectively carry out job duties
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and leadership skills as well as excellent presentation skills
Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to manage multiple projects and conflicting priorities while meeting deadlines
- Travel: driving for long periods of time, walking long distances during customer visits or within airports, sitting for long periods, lifting either above the waist or below and maneuver baggage; walking on uneven surfaces, ramps and inclines
- Requires standing, sitting, talking, hearing, reaching to operate computer, telephone keyboard and mouse; sensation to operate a touchpad
- May frequently require more than an 8 hour day, with the ability to work varied days as business dictates
Able to work out of doors periodically with exposure to the elements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Wysocki Family of Companies is a vertically integrated, Midwest-based agricultural company specializing in the production, packaging, marketing and sale of potatoes and onions. Wysocki Family of Companies consists of RPE, Paragon Potato Farms and Wysocki Produce Farm, as well as co-owners of Tasteful Selections, LLC and Central Sands Dairy. We are a family owned company that is proud to call Central Wisconsin home, employing 400 people in 9 states. For more information visit our website at www.wfc.ag.