General Position Summary
The primary purpose of the position is to manage the entire product ripening and conditioning processes, determine product dispositions, and perform quality checks.
- Manage the entire product ripening and conditioning processes from receiving to shipping.
- Perform the hiring, development and performance management of lead and ripening personnel
- Develop and maintain an efficiency program for the most productive utilization of the ripening rooms.
- Maintain and improve inventory turns and reduce banana and avocado shrink.
- Explore and develop ripening and conditioning programs for additional products such as avocados and tomatoes.
- Negotiate and manage inbound freight contracts and vendor relationships with assistance from management.
- Develop and maintain a documented sanitation preventive maintenance program.
- Update inspection logs daily.
- Practice all warehouse and food safety procedures.
- Maintain regular and satisfactory full-time attendance.
- Perform work outside of normal business hours as needed and required.
- Travel by driving auto or by flying commercially as needed and required.
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Warehouse Manager, Assistant Dircector & Director of Operations – Indianapolis Fruit Company, LLC.
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Work in cold and wet cooler conditions for extended periods of time.
- Stand or sit for long periods of time.
Prerequisites for Position
- At least 3 years of recent and successful experience performing the above functions in a significant produce distribution operation complete with advanced skills in product ripening and conditioning, product quality standards, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) for ethylene producing products.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. Related bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Proficient PC skills in Microsoft Office and common E Mail systems are required.
- Must possess valid identification.