Responsible for continuously identifying and determining optimum sources of produce supply. Manage DC service levels, make purchasing decisions and manage process for order fulfillment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES
- Procure the highest quality fresh produce commodities as assigned seasonally, considering price, availability, supply support, fill rate and loading location.
- Gather market information and publish to buyers, sales teams and quality assurance throughout the company.
- Monitor business trends, including suppliers’ prices, quality, delivery and service performance; communicate Albert’s supplier performance expectations, make recommendations for process improvement and apply supplier accountability.
- Communicate favorable purchasing opportunities to maximize sales & gross profit dollars and minimize cost of goods sold.
- Leverage product cost by negotiating market advantages based on Albert’s total volume.
- Contribute to the national promotions program in establishing supplier promotions support and ensuring supplier participation.
- Responsible for processes in gathering updated organic and food safety certifications for assigned suppliers.
- Support established logistical procedures to facilitate efficient product arrival.
- Seek opportunity spot buys.
- Maintain purchasing system to ensure data integrity and accuracy, including UPC codes.
- Maintain awareness of and educate team on marketing trends, technology and food safety.
- Maintain awareness of Albert’s Organics’ marketing strategies and competitive advantages.
- Manage product arrival issues and achieve equitable resolution between receivers and shippers.
- Assist in securing supply by determining company needs and negotiation.
- Assist in training and mentoring new commodity buyers.
- Responsible for following policy and procedures outlined in the Albert’s recall plan.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a highly ethical manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.