Technical Director of Food Safety
CMI located in Wenatchee, WA is seeking an experienced food safety professional for a newly created Technical Director of Food Safety position. This position is charged with the overall responsibility for the continued development, maintenance and implementation of a comprehensive Food Safety Program.
Overall job functions:
- Facilitate continuous improvement of all food safety programs.
- Monitor and verify CMI Food Safety Program SQF & Global Gap compliance and effectiveness.
- Develop a relationship with key industry technical leaders, including Northwest Horticultural Council, NWFPA, IFPA, United Fresh Food Safety, PMA, Governmental agencies, Universities, etc.
Monitor compliance with FSMA rules and regulations on Domestic and Imported fruit which include:
- Preventive Controls for Human Food
- FSVP-Foreign Supplier Verification Program
- Sanitary Transportation of Human Food.
- Review and Verify Packer and CMI Trace back/Recall procedures
Respond to customer food safety related concerns and complaints with corrective action reports.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in food safety assurance within a manufacturing environment.
- Degree in Micro Biology, Food Science or related discipline.
- Data analysis and technical problem solving experience.
- Experience with processing facility sanitation preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Microsoft Office computer skills
- Knowledge of laws & regulations regarding Food Safety
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred, but not required
Please send resume and Cover letter of interest to:
Bob Mast, President
2525 Euclid Ave
Wenatchee, WA 98801