Earl's Organic Produce, Inc., a leading distributor of organic produce throughout Northern California, seeks a PM Transportation Coordinator for our San Francisco Wholesale Produce Market headquarters.
Under the supervision of the Transportation Manager and the Director of Operations, the PM Transportation Coordinator coordinates and oversees the activities of the Transportation Team
Position Title: PM Transportation Coordinator
Department: Transportation Department
Reports to: Transportation Manager and Director of Operations
Location: 2101 Jerrold Ave. Ste. 100, San Francisco, CA 94124
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Inspect departing trucks for condition and report any damages
• Review and approve daily routing
• Assign truck/customer keys and gas cards to drivers
• Review and assist in providing all necessary paperwork needed for deliveries
• Interface with Customer Service Office and Outbound PM Supervisors regarding shorts, subs, and special instructions for drivers
• Review Sales Department-generated special instructions for routing and delivery
• Supervise driver arrival and departure on routes
• Ensure all drivers conduct pre-trip inspections
• Communicate any route changes or special instructions to drivers
• Gather route info and email routing report to appropriate teams
• Monitor daily route timelines via Telogis GPS tracking system
• Initiate daily late/second delivery coordination
• Act as the direct point person and emergency contact for drivers and for Ryder during specific working hours
• Inspect vehicles, equipment, and warehouse to ensure that they are safe and free of defects
• Drive trucks and use equipment to assist drivers as needed
• Evaluate work to ensure proper performance and use of equipment
• Prepare, compile, and submit reports on work activities, operations, or work-related accidents
• Collaborate with employees to assist in problem resolution
• Train new workers or assign training tasks to experienced workers.
• Review and appropriately respond to email requests and directives in a timely manner
• Provide excellent customer service at every opportunity
• Participate in efficient route planning
• Dispatch backhauls in a timely manner
• Collaborate with the Transportation Team, Transportation Manager, Customer Service Office personnel, and the Warehouse Supervisors
• Provide positive feedback to Transportation Team members
• Provide ideas and concerns and observations to the Transportation Manager
• Assist Outbound Operations Team
• Performs other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
• Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
• Valid California Class A or B driver's license and clean driving record
• 2-3 years delivery driving experience, preferably with a fresh produce company
• Familiarity with Bay Area traffic patterns is a plus.
• Read directions and use a street map or GPS to plot delivery route.
• Ability to maintain logs and records.
• Strong communication skills.
• Excellent customer service ability.
• Ability to respond to feedback from others.
• Ability to present oneself professionally in customer-facing situation.
• Conduct thorough pre-trip safety check.
• Must be able to adapt to changing conditions.
• Solution Oriented.
• Must be able to read, write and understand English.
• Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of day.
• Have frequent need to perform the following physical activities: bending/stooping/squatting, climbing stairs, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting and reaching above shoulders.
• Have constant need to perform standing and walking activities.
• Occasional need to perform the following physical activities: writing/typing, grasping/turning, finger dexterity.
• Lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs frequently.
• Vision requirements: constant need to complete forms, read reports, view computer screen. Frequent need to see small detail. Frequent need to see things clearly beyond arm's reach.
• Hearing requirements: constant need to communicate over telephone and in person.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
Candidate must have knowledge, experience, and appropriate licensure to operate the following:
• Electric pallet jack
• Ride along pallet jack
• Bobtail truck
• 36ft and 48ft tractor trailer
• Computer: Microsoft Office. Must also be able to quickly learn new software.
• Refrigerated warehouse environment with temperatures ranging from 32-70 degrees Fahrenheit.
The above is only a basic description of the position and it does not, nor is it intended to, outline all of the specifics of the responsibilities expected to be performed.
Earl's Organic Produce provides a highly competitive compensation package, including medical, chiropractic, acupuncture, dental, vision, LTD and voluntary life, identity theft protection, plus a company-sponsored retirement program.
Earl's Organic Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We work to embrace diversity in all its forms and strive to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened and productive environment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume, and three references via email or come directly to:
Earls Organic Produce
2101 Jerrold Ave., Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94124