Earl's Organic Produce, Inc., a leading distributor of organic produce throughout Northern California, is seeking a dedicated and energetic person to join the custodial team. They would report to the Director of operations. Earl's is looking for someone with with good attention to detail and strong communication skills to join our rapidly growing company.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Sweep and mop office floors
• Gather and empty trash, recycling, and compost daily
• Service, clean, sanitize, and supply restrooms daily
• Clean kitchen and break rooms
• Clean windows and mirrors, using cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
• Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
• Mix water and detergents prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
• Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
• Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
• Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
• Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
• Keep track of supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties. Request replacements when necessary
• Maintain detailed and accurate cleaning logs and records
• Perform all tasks in accordance with the company's food safety policy
• Work closely with the other custodial staff on duty and the operations team
• Light warehouse maintenance
Position requirements include:
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
• Ability to lift 50lbs. throughout the work day
• Ability to follow very specific instructions
• Attention to detail
• Ability to maintain logs and records
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to respond to feedback from others
The above is only a basic description of the position and it does not, nor is it intended to, outline all of the specifics of the responsibilities expected to be performed.
Earl's Organic Produce provides a highly competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, LTD and voluntary life, plus a company-sponsored retirement program. Earl's Organic Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We work to embrace diversity in all its forms and strive to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened and productive environment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume, and three references via email or come directly to:
Earls Organic Produce
2101 Jerrold Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94124