Harllee Packing, Inc. located in Palmetto, FL has a 100-year history of leading the tomato growing industry in best agricultural and manufacturing practices, and premium products. Harllee’s customers include huge multi-state corporate suppliers located throughout the United States and Canada.
The Post-Harvest Operations Manager reports directly to the President and manages all tomato packing operations including production, shipping, receiving, inventory, quality, food safety and maintenance.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Plan, organize, and direct day-to-day operations to ensure packing is accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Hire line supervisors and provide them with ongoing direction, training and performance management.
- Work with supervisors to identify areas needing improvement to optimize production.
- Develop and monitor procedures to ensure compliance with company policies, and food safety requirements.
- Ensure production equipment and machinery is kept in good working condition for smooth daily plant operations.
- Exercise control over operating expenditures, and order materials and supplies to meet production timelines.
- Monitor key production statistics, and analyze data to identify areas of waste or overtime.
- Conduct safety training so employees are knowledgeable of safety policies to provide an accident-free work environment.
- Ensure human resources procedures are adhered to, and address employee issues and concerns.
- Stay up-to date with the latest production management best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 8+ years of management experience in a produce packing house.
- Knowledge and ability to analyze and forecast production schedules and make adjustments to schedule for changing circumstances.
- Strong team building, delegation, decision-making and people management skills.
- Proficient in using computer based systems, programs and reports.
- Flexibility to work nights or weekends as needed.