We are searching for a Field Representative with experience and success in creating long-term, trusted relationships with growers to ensure they receive maximum value. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with expeirence in an advisory role for food crops or pest control who enjoys spending the day in the fields.
- Build strong relationships with new and existing growers.
- Recruit avocado growers for packing and marketing of crop.
- Be a trusted advisor, assisting growers in implementing best practices to meet their needs and concerns while maximizing grower returns.
- Communicate and coordinate with labor contractors to ensure successful harvesting.
- Conduct grower outreach in the form of technical support and cultural seminars.
- Monitors crops and provides crop estimates and projections for use in business planning.
- Provide input and feedback to Index Fresh management relating to grower relationships and fruit availability.
- Regularly communicate with operations, sales and accounting to ensure strong performance in delivery and service outcomes.
- Coordinate with Food Safety team to ensure orchards are compliant with applicable regulations.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture or related field, or equivalent agriculture experience
- Three to five years experience working in grower relations
- Willingness and ability to travel as required throughout central and southern California
- Excellent verbal, written, public speaking and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
- Strong problem solving skills required
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Goal-oriented and highly organized
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs