Our produce department consumes more than an acre of our six acre foodie paradise, making it one of the focal points of the store. The Produce Manager is responsible for maintaining company and operational standards of this department to maximize sales and profits. This position is also responsible for managing department inventory, merchandising, labor and pricing. The Produce Manager will ensure all produce associates receive proper training and be responsible for accurate ordering, receiving, rotation and displays within the department.
- Maintains a seasonal, innovative and visually attractive inventory.
- Provides outstanding customer service, be responsive to customer questions, concerns and lead by example.
- Be aware of cooking, recipe trends and holiday needs that impact consumer demand.
- Ensures efficient and accurate ordering to prevent losses in inventory.
- Schedules department employees, supervise and assist with training and assign work to maximize the success of the department.
- Creates engaging displays for new and seasonal products.
- Maintains established procedures for receiving, inspecting, pricing and restocking the product to guarantee quality and freshness and ensure proper product rotation.
- Controls department expenses, including labor budgets and loss due to shrinkage.
- Maintains clean and fresh merchandise to meet company standards and pass sanitation and health department inspections and regulations.
- Ensures that department employees practice safety when working and operating equipment, including compliance with OSHA requirements.
- Recognizes and addresses areas within the department where improvement in customer service is needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in the retail, grocery, produce or restaurant industry required
- Knowledge of perishables is required
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Basic math skills required for accurate ordering and inventory purposes
Please send resume and salary requirements to HR@junglejims.com