About Crosset Company
Founded in 1905, Crosset is an over 100 year old family owned and operated full-line fresh produce distributer. As a part of the Castellini group of companies since 1993, we are a leading full-service distributer of organic and conventional fresh produce and floral products to customers located east of the Mississippi River. With our core values of Integrity, Respect for Partners, Authentic Passion and Entrepreneurial Spirit, our mission is to provide the safest, highest quality and most efficient distribution of perishables and value added services, by continually exceeding our customers’ expectations through our people, continuous improvement and technology.
As our customers, consumers, competitors and employee bases evolve we are challenged to stay ahead of the market through innovation, partnerships and creativity. It is a transformational time at Crosset, and every team member has a key part to play to make sure our customers are delighted, our employees are engaged, and our business thrives.
Produce merchandisers are responsible for the merchandising of fresh organic & conventional produce to store clients by designing store displays, restocking and rotating products. Merchandisers further support customers by communicating product availability, trends, quality, cost, and promotional activity, and resolving customer service issues. The ideal candidate will use their retail and/or procurement expertise to analyze market data and anticipate customers’ needs.
- Personify Crosset’s brand and maintain positive relationships with customers in assigned region
- Develop and execute sales and programs that maximize net revenue opportunities while growing customer penetration.
- Identify and present opportunities to provide better service based on Crosset and customer financial data
- Promote new product offerings to customers
- Make formal presentations to customers regarding Crosset performance and recommendations
- Take inventory, remove expired or damaged products, and replenish produce
- Routine Territory Call Cycle for Existing Retail Customers.
- Maintain stores sets/merchandising units/displays/product literature as warranted.
- Experience in Produce merchandising preferred with a focus in creative merchandising
- Ability to create attractive product displays with or without a specified plan
- Experience in organic produce a plus
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-orientated
- Knowledge in computers and software programs, especially Microsoft Excel & Word
- A valid driver's license and acceptable driving record required.
- Regional travel up to 100%