Bringing fresh global produce home. As one of North America's top fresh produce companies, we bring over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 different countries to the market. Our business is managed by a team of dedicated professionals delivering exceptional service from over a dozen offices throughout North and South America. And because a healthy planet is essential to our growers, customers, and all of us at Oppenheimer, sustainability plays a vital role in everything we do.
OPPORTUNITY ALERT! We are looking for a motivated individual with experience in produce sales and category management to complement our dynamic sales team and contribute to our fast growing berry category as a Category Manager. Ideally based in Tampa, FL or Newark, DE – come join a global team that is passionate about what they do and positioned for significant growth.
This is an amazing chance to join a stable, successful company that offers opportunity for a motivated, connected and pragmatic sales professional. With accountability to the office Sales Manager and the Category Director of Berries, the Berry Category Manager/Sales Representative will manage a dynamic portfolio of berry deals out of Mexico and contribute to a dedicated team of sales professionals that love what they do.
What You Will Be Doing
As a Berry Category Manager/Sales Representative you will employ your tenacity and remarkable organizational and relationship-building skills to manage the Berry deals out of Mexico. Your commitment to unbelievable customer service and experience with produce sales will be indispensable as you collaborate with sales team members and other internal departments to grow sales in the region. You will:
- Liaise with growers to forecast the sizes, varieties and amounts of product available to the market. Communicates on quality issues and rejections in order to facilitate a proactive response. Provide feedback to our grower partners on current and future market conditions.
- Work with the Category Director and sales representatives to develop targeted and strategic sales and promotional strategies and account plans for the category. Identifies gaps and obtains product to meet customer needs.
- Aggressively build, establish and maintain a customer base for the assigned territory. Provide sales support to existing customers, solicit new customers, and make sales presentations as needed.
- Sell company products and services in accordance with established sales targets. Proactively identify customer needs and potential solutions to meet or exceed customer expectations, including contracting program sales and identifying spot business trading.
- Collaborate with staff to expedite sales commitments, and to resolve final pricing issues and related customer accounting and billing problems in accordance with company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Liaise with quality control, inventory control, transportation and operations staff to maintain awareness of company products and related services, as well as applicable standards and procedures.
- Participate in promoting a customer-focused, cooperative, team-oriented culture in alignment with the company’s core values.
- Provide information, analysis and recommendations to facilitate effective category management and decision-making to increase profitability to growers while meeting the needs of our retail customer.
- Communicate with sales staff to proactively sell category product prior to the season via pre-programmed sales and work to maximize in season sales.
- Identify category business growth opportunities, value-added produce and service options, and delivery plans in accordance with agreed upon targets for regional retail, wholesale, and foodservice accounts.
- Coordinate with marketing, packaging and grower representatives to forecast and plan for special programs and packaging; ensuring packaging inventory is in place to support volumes.
- Provide input on pricing models, gathers needed information and makes recommendations regarding pricing, settlements/adjustments to optimize returns for both parties.
Who You Are
- Experienced. Your experience in the produce sales industry is coupled ideally with specific experience in Berries. A degree or diploma in business with a focus in sales, marketing or agri-business would be an asset. Spanish language skills are also an asset.
- Proactive. Not one to sit and wait, you proactively and systematically pursue new customers and business opportunities. Overcoming obstacles is your forte.
- Results-Focused. You have passion and desire to make a difference and tenacity to dig in, figure it out and keep trying until you get results.
- Incredibly Organized. You can work independently, make appropriate decisions and liaise with numerous parties, leaving them impressed with your follow up and attention to detail.
- A Team Player. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships with customers, growers and across departments.
- Composed. You remain positive and poised in all situations, not much rattles you. Multi-tasking comes naturally and you find keeping busy invigorating.
- Flexible. You are willing to do what it takes to get the job done; occasional weekend or evening work does not faze you.
If you are interested in the position please email your cover letter and resume in one document to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.