Ensure the integrity and execution of produce initiatives and business development plans that drive profitable sales and meet growth targets.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Oversees the business planning process and execution of strategic programs for seasonal produce offerings to ensure revenue growth and margin control.
• Utilizes consumer insight and industry expertise to establish growth guidelines and financial objectives for the annual plan.
• Develops strategic programs to drive sales, including ad planning.
• Initiates and builds effective vendor relationships and manages negotiations related to price, quality and quantity.
• Identifies new vendor opportunities and determines course of action.
• Leads the annual contract negotiation process with vendors. .Drives negotiations to ensure best-in-class rates are achieved.
Merchandising and Promotion
• Ensures “right items at the right time.” Oversees the selection of promotional items and sets the price
• Ensures collaboration of the promotional activities within the company.
• Communicates and promotes new product offerings to Sales.
• “Go to” person to identify and assess issues and problems, then directs the development and execution of a plan of action, and follows through to resolve the issue or problem.
• Ensures that solid inventory controls are in place to mitigate shrink.
• Collaborates with food safety staff to optimize product quality and freshness.
Department Management and Leadership
• Coaches, counsels and supports direct reports.
• Ensures that the department is properly staffed for H. Brooks’ 24/7 operation.
• Initiates process improvements to address efficiency, effectiveness and profitability of departmental operations.
Key Results Expected
• Ensure financial goals are met.
• Demonstrate H. Brooks and Company core values.
• Actively participate in and support business excellence initiatives.
• Achieve individual and company quarterly and annual rocks – and ensure direct reports to the same.
Bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the produce industry, and at least 5 years of management experience.