Organically Grown Company, the Northwest’s Premier distributor of organic produce is seeking a full time Senior Sales Representative to be based out of its Portland location. Our ideal Senior Sales Rep will have a passion for organic produce and being a part of a knowledgeable and collaborative, growing sales team.
This position is primarily responsible identifying and developing new business and increasing sales volumes by proving customers with personalized service and enhancing OGC’s reputation for reliable quality service; successfully selling OGC products to an existing client base of OGC accounts, maintaining strong partnerships processing day to day orders, provide account reporting, perform account visits. This position is also responsible for managing accounts to meet or exceed sales a profitability targets, service levels, and works cross departmentally to support OGC initiatives and solve problems and working closely with the procurement team to keep an effective and timely flow of communication about customer needs and product availability.
• Minimum of 8 years commercial produce experience with a proven track record of consistently exceeding company objectives and quotas in a capacity of maintaining and acquiring multiple large accounts, undergraduate degree or overall equivalent experience.
• Must have proven skills and/or experience in the following: proven record of developing and maintain new business, specifically with large chain stores successfully negotiating sales and pricing with large accounts; using systems to identify and analyze sales trends; executing sales presentations to accounts; actively participating in farm supplier visits; and completing business documentation.
• Must have proven skills and/or experience in the following: increasing sales volume for assigned accounts; using systems to identify and analyze sales trends; actively participating in farm supplier visits; negotiating volume or pricing agreements with clients; and completing business documentation
• Preference for in depth knowledge of organic trade, brands, familiarity of product line, ag production, sustainability, retail landscape, merchandising, and relevant competitive landscape.
• Knowledge of produce varieties, organic growing practices and OGC’s product labels.
• Retail produce experience preferred
• Previous experience working for an organization with aspirational sustainability goals desired.