The demand planner is responsible for planning and managing production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’s productive capacity as well as managing inventory levels.
- Plans and manages production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’s productive capacity.
- Analyzes sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and material requirements.
- Manages inventory levels, schedules and availability of selected item to meet production schedules.
- Informs sales and demand planning manager of any shortages of product from Bloomington and Texas facilities.
- Answer cancellation or revision requests of orders from sales.
- Receives and reviews sales orders against current requirements and work in process.
- Releases purchase orders for production material, floor stock items and all purchases to support the business unit.
- Interfaces with manufacturing personnel, the purchasing department and supervisors on material status and production planning issues.
- Monitor inventory to ensure “first in first out” policy is being upheld, along with watching for discrepancies.
- Input estimates for inbound import arrivals into software system.
- Updates sales daily with report on any fruit with age that is considered to be priority.
- Acts on order releases action and exception messages from the company system.
- Closely coordinates with warehouse department with special instructions on orders and communicates on any day to day concerns.
- Revise sales orders as needed to reflect inventory.
- Use and maintain an Excel Scheduling Tool as a primary system tool.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in a production planning/materials controls function or equivalent combination of education and experience (for example, 3-5 years of broad manufacturing background)
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Strong background on Microsoft Office.