Responsible for growing and maintaining marketing efforts to support Shuman Produce and the RealSweet® sweet onion brand. This includes, but not limited to, media planning, advertising, public relations, enewsletters and working with our marketing agency on social media and website maintenance. Perform other marketing initiatives and various duties as assigned.
The position involves content writing, daily social media monitoring, strategic and tactical executions, serving as a liaison between third parties, coordinating trade show logistics including conference registration, exhibitor booth logistics and team travel arrangements, and graphic design proficiency is a plus, but not required.
Salary and benefits package (retirement plan, PTO, etc.) commensurate with experience.
Travel: Required 10-20% travel per year. Attend trade shows, retail meeting and/or industry functions representing Shuman Produce as needed.
Requirements: The selected candidate will be required to sign a No Compete Agreement and Confidentiality Agreement during the onboarding process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide support for sales and operations team initiatives
- Manage annual trade advertising plan and budget, this includes negotiate contracts and provide recommendations for best ad opportunities
- Work with marketing agency to manage social media, update develop trade ad concepts
- Provide final advertisements to publications per required specs and assist with writing editorial interviews and questionnaires
- Manage annual retail programs and sponsors; coordinate logistics with fulfillment companies, i.e. printing and shipping
- Leverage retail programs across social media channels to garnish as much equity as possible per campaign
- Coordinate trade show registrations, hotel reservations, exhibitor services, directory ads, and sponsorships
- Develop and distribute monthly enewsletters containing a variety of recipes, education and tips, promotions, industry information, etc.
- Create press releases, pitch news worthy content to media stations and research local and national media outlets for publishing opportunities
- Primary point person for 3rd party marketing / trade company partnerships
- Requires knowledge acquired through a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism/English, Marketing, Advertising, Business or other related field and 2+ year experience in a marketing, communications, or internet related role.
- Experience in marketing through social media channels or managing social media communities with familiarity of social media best practices, tools, and etiquette
- Ability to self-manage, effectively prioritize work, and project management skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, basic HTML knowledge a plus;
- Excellent communications skills, including proven writing/editing ability
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Willingness to learn