A full time position reporting directly to the NABC/USHBC Executive Director assisting the Executive Director with management, coordination and implementation of the USHBC export and domestic market promotion programs as well as producing marketing related reports and data. The Marketing Manager’s time will initially be split 10% NABC and 90% USHBC.
The Marketing Manager must be a college graduate with particular interest paid to candidates with a degree in business (marketing, management, public relations, advertising). Five or more years of marketing related work experience, general brand management experience, experience in working with USDA funded market promotion programs or advertising/public relations agency experience is preferred. Prior experience working in agribusiness, trade associations or governmental organizations is a plus.
Partial list of the responsibilities of the Marketing Manager positon include but are not limited to:
Market Promotion Program Planning and Implementation
- Manage both domestic and export market promotion programs and budgets dealing with fresh and process (dried, frozen, juice, etc.) blueberries
- Monitor strategic plan progress
- Coordinate market research activities
- Prepare USDA School Lunch purchase bids
Domestic Market Promotion
- Work with promotional agencies to plan, manage and implement the USHBC domestic market promotion program (consumer, foodservice, food manufacturer)
- Arrange and organize USHBC Promotion Committee meetings, assist USHBC Promotion Committee Chairman, act on committee recommendations and prepare committee minutes
Export Market Promotion
- Work with Export Promotion Program Administrator to arrange and organize USHBC Export Market Promotion Subcommittee meetings, assist USHBC Export Market Promotion Subcommittee Chairman, act on subcommittee recommendations and help prepare subcommittee minutes
- Manage the USHBC export food manufacturer publicity program
- Work with the USHBC Export Promotion Program Administrator on submission of USDA FAS export program grant proposals (MAP, EMP, QSP and TASC) and on implementation and management of the consumer market promotion and research programs supported with these funds
Marketing Communications and Data Collection
- Attend USAEDC conferences, industry functions and trade shows as needed
- Provide market promotion updates at blueberry grower and industry meetings as requested
- Edit USHBC “Blues Briefs” e-newsletter
- Serve as the initial NABC and USHBC contact for the International Blueberry Organization (IBO) in their blueberry grower meetings and activities
- Assist in NABC weekly crop reports and edit yearly NABC statistical report
- Monitor domestic retail data
- Analyze domestic and international trade data (shipment trends, consumption patterns, projections, etc.), track international blueberry data (foreign market imports, production, etc.) and prepare biannual report for USHBC Promotion Committee listing volume and value of shipments to targeted export markets (5 year increments)
- Conduct monthly analysis and projections of export market data by targeted country using Global Trade Atlas and other data sources for USHBC Promotion Committee and for use in UES applications; work with the Export Promotion Program Administrator in developing all statistical data and projections for USDA UES export promotion applications and reports
- Review and confirm all market promotion vendor invoices
- Review all USDA FAS activity backup files, progress reports, success stories, program evaluations and reimbursement claims and all reports required by USDA FAS under the UES export market promotion program
- Understand and maintain the USDA FAS Rules and Regulations regarding the USDA export programs
Salary and Benefits:
Salary based on experience. Benefits include medical and dental insurance for employee, employer contribution to retirement fund, paid vacation and sick leave both based on length of service. Position is located in Folsom, California.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should submit a letter of interest, resume, salary history and references. NABC and USHBC are equal opportunity employers.